- 1 The 11 Best Goture Portable Fishing Rods [Casting & Spinning]
- 1.1 1# Goture Travel Fishing Rods – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.2 2# Goture Telescopic Fishing Rod&Reel
- 1.3 3# Goture Telescopic Ultralight Tenkara Fishing Rod
- 1.4 4# Goture Fishing Rod Bundle Travel Fishing Rods
- 1.5 5# Goture Surf Spinning Fishing Rod
- 1.6 6# Goture Travel Rod
- 1.7 7# Goture Longcasting Fishing Rod
- 1.8 8# Goture Bass Fishing Rods
- 1.9 9# Goture Fly Fishing Rod
- 1.10 10# Goture Graphite Fly Fishing Rod
- 1.11 11# Goture Travel Portable Fishing Rod
- 2 Fishing Rod Test
Choosing a fishing rod is not as easy as it might seem at first glance. Goture knows what anglers want in their rods and therefore creates high-quality Goture Fishing Rods. In this article, I invite you to find out more about this brand and its products. This is a fairly young company that appeared on the market in November 2013. She won the love of fishermen for her high-quality fishing products at an affordable price.
Goture puts its customers first and listens to their wishes. As a result, they improve their products every day and produce more and more reliable fishing rods and reels. They also manufacture fishing lures and all the necessary tools for successful fishing.
The 11 Best Goture Portable Fishing Rods [Casting & Spinning]
All Goture products undergo rigorous testing before they reach your hands. They are tested by experienced anglers in various conditions. With reasonable prices, every fisherman can afford to purchase Goture Fishing Rods.
1# Goture Travel Fishing Rods – Amazon’s Choice
This is a four-piece spinning rod for your successful fishing. It’s made with a 30-ton carbon matrix, has a responsive monolithic tip and fast action. The rod has a great balance between strength and sensitivity. It has 7 + 1 ceramic insert guides that provide maximum casting performance. Due to its 4-piece design, it is compact when folded and is suitable as a travel spinning rod for car travel and air travel. For convenience, it comes in a soft branded case.
2# Goture Telescopic Fishing Rod&Reel
The telescopic spinning rod has Braiding X Carbon fiber braiding technology for increased strength and reliability. The blank provides excellent casting range and power play characteristics without the risk of rod breakage. The rod has an extended grip made of carbon fiber. The rod comes with a reel. Your reel will be firmly fixed thanks to the Metal Reel Seat. The reel will not wobble during casting thanks to Double insurance. The rod is intended for fishing on large rivers and lakes, even with saltwater.
3# Goture Telescopic Ultralight Tenkara Fishing Rod
Lightweight, versatile, and very pleasant to use Tenkar fishing rod. Perfect for both beginners and experienced lovers of this type of fishing. The rod has been specially designed for delicate fishing where the sensitivity of the tackle and precise control of the line is essential. The length of the rod will allow you to comfortably use it both when wading and from a boat. For high strength and rigidity, the rod is made of carbon fiber with a special inner reinforcement. You can easily take this equipment with you thanks to the closed length design.
4# Goture Fishing Rod Bundle Travel Fishing Rods
This is the perfect rod to take with you on your travels. It is convenient to carry it by car or plane. In addition to the convenient design, a special case is available to you that makes it easier to transport your gear. The blank is made of a 24 + 30T carbon layer for high performance and strength. Thanks to stainless steel guides, the accessory resists corrosion and ensures smooth operation. And also the SiC insert provides wear resistance and resists oxidation.
5# Goture Surf Spinning Fishing Rod
This is the best Goture surf spinning fishing rod. It is made of carbon fiber for high strength and sensitivity. The guides are specially made of stainless steel so that the accessory does not corrode and lasts as long as possible. Vibration is transmitted from the line through the guides to your hand and thus provides high sensitivity. Non-slip grip provides a comfortable grip.
6# Goture Travel Rod
This is high-quality fishing equipment that will give you a lot of emotions, and most importantly, a big catch. You get increased sensitivity thanks to the 24 + 30T carbon blank and multi-angle wrapping technology. The guides ensure the durability of use thanks to their material. They are made of stainless steel. And the SiC insert prevents rapid wear and provides high impact resistance.
7# Goture Longcasting Fishing Rod
Even though this rod consists of 2 parts, it has excellent sensitivity. This is available thanks to the highly resilient carbon materials as well as X-ribbons. You can fish in various conditions. The body of the rod is coated with an environmentally friendly paint that does not contain lead Guides with SIC insert prevent line damage.
8# Goture Bass Fishing Rods
This is a Goture Bass spinning rod. From the name of the spinning rod itself, the true purpose of this model becomes clear, the powerful butt and the live tip do an excellent job with various jig rigs and give the pleasure of fishing. The blank is made of high modulus carbon fiber which gives the tackle excellent sensitivity and responsiveness. The handle is made of high-quality cork with an antifungal coating, which will last for many years keeping its original appearance.
9# Goture Fly Fishing Rod
Ensure your perfect fishing experience with the Goture Fly Fishing Rod. This equipment is suitable for all fishermen, beginners, and professionals. The blank is lighter and stronger thanks to the carbon fiber. The reel seat has a burl wood insert and thus provides excellent balancing performance.
10# Goture Graphite Fly Fishing Rod
This model is available in different rod actions. You should choose this parameter depending on your goals and wishes. you will be able to fish for a long time without straining thanks to the lightweight design. It is made of 100% IM8 30T carbon fiber with 5 layers of carbon. You will be able to make accurate casts with ease. The accessory is equipped with SIC guides that reduce friction and thus protect the line from damage.
11# Goture Travel Portable Fishing Rod
Taking this fishing rod with you on your trip is not a problem. When closed, it is 16 inches long so it is easy to transport or store. I think this accessory is one of the most durable and sensitive because of its material. It is made of Toray 24 + 36T carbon blanks. This rod is versatile and suitable for different types of fishing: saltwater, coastal, freshwater, and more.
Fishing Rod Test
Every angler who has chosen a spinning rod at least once knows about a parameter called the rod test. It is an important characteristic of the tool, determining its working properties and purpose. Novice fishermen are wondering, what is this test? I decided to consider this characteristic in detail as I see that not all fishermen know what it is and can make mistakes when choosing a new rod.
What is a Rod Test?
In short, the rod test means the recommended weights of lures that can be used with this blank. In fact, this parameter characterizes the power and strength of the spinning rod, determines its purpose and tasks to be solved.
The rod test is marked on the blank. It consists of two numbers:
- Lower limit. This shows with what bait weight the form begins to be included in the work.
- Upper bound. This indicates the maximum lure weight at which the rod is still working. After exceeding it, the form begins to bend, and may even break
The test is indicated in either gram (g) or ounces (oz). The power of the blank is a difficult parameter that is determined by testing results. It is usually conducted by an angler hired by the rod manufacturer. He alternately performs casts of different weights, fixing the flight range and spinning behavior. As you can see, this is a subjective indicator that depends on the feelings of the tester and his throwing technique.
Spinning Rods Classification by Tests
According to the test indicator, a conditional classification of rods is carried out. This classification can be called conditional due to the fact that not all manufacturers adhere to these standards. This feature is due to the fact that they use different criteria for determining the type of spinning rod.
Most fishing tackle manufacturers adhere to the following classification:
- Ultralight class. Designation “UL”. Can be used for castings baits weighing up to 7 grams. Quite a rare version of the rod.
- Light class. The symbol used in the passport is “L”. A similar spinning rod is used for casting bait weighing up to 10.5 grams.
- Medium-light spinning rods can be used for casting bait weighing from 4 to 17 grams. This version is designated “ML”.
- Medium-sized spinning rods allow casting lures weighing from 18 to 21 grams. They are designated by the letter “M”.
- Medium-weight spinning rods can be used for casting bait weighing 28 grams. It designated with the letters “MH”.
- Heavy spinning rods, due to their design features, can be used when casting bait from 35 to 42 grams. It is designated in the passport by the beech “H”.
- The super-heavy ones, designated “XH”, can, if used correctly, throw far away baits weighing more than 42 grams. The most expensive version of the spinning rod, which, as a rule, is necessary for catching trophy fish, often with an aggressive behavior during the bite.
How to Define a Test Yourself?
Sometimes the angler needs to independently determine what his fishing rod is capable of. Determining a spinning test is relatively easy. To do this, we need a set of eared sinkers of different weights.
It remains to go to the river and conduct tests:
- Install a reel with a fishing line on the spinning rod, attach a fastener for a quick change of the sinker.
- We begin to cast with the lowest weight, several grams lower than the specified lower limit.
- We fix the behavior of the form. When the spinning rod begins to send a sinker due to its elastic properties, like a catapult, then the minimum threshold is found.
- Now we gradually increase the throw weight. We note how the load throwing range is increasing.
- As soon as the casting distance begins to decrease, it means that 80-85% of the blank test range has been reached.
- Gradually, the casting distance will decrease, then the blank will start to “fall through”, which is felt immediately, even by a beginner. In fact, the upper bound has been found. Further weight gain is fraught with breakage of the form.
It is possible to exceed the upper limit, but it is necessary to change the technique of casting the bait. In this case, the angler makes a smooth swing, and the send is executed with acceleration, in slow motion. In this way, weights can be used that will exceed the maximum test by 20-25%.
Many people do not pay attention to the classification of the rod according to the test. What happens if the bait is used in a non-recommended weight range?
The recommendation for the weight of the bait used is made for the following reasons:
- Lighter bait will not be felt by the spinning. In this case, the rod loses all its basic characteristics and becomes a regular stick.
- More weight of the bait will lead to the creation of a prohibitive load on the top of the spinning rod. This situation can lead to rod breakage. When wiring, the use of bait with the weight of the above norm will cause a strong curvature of the spinning rod, and this leads to a zero sensitivity indicator during the bite.
When choosing a spinning rod, take into account the weight of the baits that you plan to use in the future. Unfortunately, there is no universal version. That is why, during active fishing, when you constantly need to change the bait, depending on the favorable conditions for catching a certain fish, you have to purchase several versions of the spinning rod.
Do not pay attention to rare rod options (for example, ultra-light or super-heavy). They are designed for specific fishing. Most popular: light, medium, and heavy rods. Also, do not forget that the popularity of the manufacturer determines the presence of a margin of safety, good build quality. In some cases, when using a lure with a weight close to the upper limit, as well as a bite of a trophy specimen, the tackle does not withstand the load, which is an indicator of poor build quality. Goture makes spinning rods with a large margin of safety.
The choice of a fishing rod must be approached responsibly. First of all, you should decide on the manufacturer. I advise you to take a closer look at the Goture brand. They not only produce some of the most durable rods but also take care of each of their customers. If you still can’t decide on a model, then don’t hesitate anymore and choose Goture Travel Fishing Rods. This is a universal model that will suit everyone.
Tags: #goture / #goture fishing / #goture fly reel / #goture fishing reels / #goture telescopic fishing rod / #goture fishing rod combo telescopic fishing rod
I live in Tenerife (Canary Islands) for the last 10+ years and share my daily fishing experiences on my website. Many years of personal experience as a fisherman and the vast experience of my friends allow me to write professionally on any fishing topics (from choosing a flashlight and equipment to deep-sea fishing).
All of my advice is based on practical real-world experience and will be useful to both novice anglers and professionals. Read more about the author.
Affiliate Disclosure: FishReeler.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Ebay, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shop, Shimano, Daiwa, Rapala, Renn, Okuma, KastKing, etс. Clicking a link helps keep FishReeler.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article is verified by the fishing expert Sergio Smirnoff. The articles are written by professional and amateur fishermen with 20+ years of fishing experience.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency. The articles are for informational purposes only, share your opinions in the comments and join the fishing discussions, let's share our fishing experiences together!