The first thing you need to do is choose the right model for your boat. 1050 is designed for smaller boats while 1080 is built for larger boats. If you’re not sure which one to get, consult with a professional or look at the manual that came with your boat.
Once you have the right model, it’s time to start installing it. The process is different depending on whether you have a fishing boat or a pleasure craft.
If you have a fishing boat, the downrigger will need to be mounted on the transom. This is the back wall of the boat where the engine is located. You’ll need to drill four holes in the transom to mount the downrigger base.
The first step is to identify the mounting location. Most Scotty electric downriggers come with a built-in base that can be attached to either side of the boat. If your model doesn’t have a base, you’ll need to purchase one separately. Once you’ve selected the desired location, use a drill to create pilot holes in the boat hull. The size of the holes will vary depending on the type of screws or bolts that come with your downrigger.
Next, it’s time to attach the downrigger to the base. Start by lining up the holes in the downrigger with the pilot holes in the base. Then, use screws or bolts to secure the downrigger in place. Be sure to use rust-resistant fasteners to avoid any damage to your boat.
Now that the downrigger is mounted, you can start fishing! Scotty electric downriggers are a great way to improve your fishing experience. With a little bit of care and maintenance, they’ll provide years of reliable service. Thanks for choosing Scotty!
1. Remove the old downrigger from your boat and discard any parts that are damaged or no longer needed.
2. Locate the spot where you want to install the new downrigger and mark it with a pencil.
3. Drill a hole in the boat at the marked spot using a drill bit that is slightly smaller in diameter than the threaded shaft on the bottom of the Scotty electric downrigger.
4. Insert the threaded shaft of the Scotty electric downrigger through the hole in your boat and screw it in place using the included hardware.
5. Attach the downrigger cable to the fishing line and lower it into the water.
Now you’re ready to start fishing with your new Scotty electric downrigger! Thanks for choosing Scotty.
Next, attach the base plate to the deck with the screws provided. Make sure that the downrigger is in the “off” position before connecting it to the power supply. Plug in the power cord and turn on the switch at the top of the downrigger; then lower or raise your lure as desired. When finished fishing, be sure to unplug the downrigger and turn off the switch. Thanks for choosing Scotty!
Downrigger base with integrated electronics and swivel base -requires no mounting template
Two LockNLoad™ slip discs and release sleeve (included)
Power source -12 volt battery (not included)
1. Read all instructions thoroughly before starting installation. While the Scotty® electric downrigger is not difficult to install, be sure that you understand all routines and warnings before attempting it. Improperly installed or maintained equipment may cause injury to yourself or others as well as damage to your boat. Never try to install or service your downrigger while the unit is energized. Ensure that batteries are disconnected when servicing your unit.If in doubt about any procedure, please contact Scotty customer service for assistance.
2. Position the downrigger base on your boat in a location that allows for easy access to the electrical connection and where it will not interfere with fishing lines or other gear. The swivel base feature of this model allows you to rotate the downrigger 180 degrees from the mounting position. This can be handy when fishing around structures or other obstacles.
3. Use the base as a template to mark the four hole locations for drilling. Drill 5/16″ diameter holes at these marks and insert the included bolts (do not overtighten).
4. Affix the power cable to the battery using the ring terminals and connect the plug to the downrigger.
5. Slip the release sleeve over the fishing line and attach it to the bottom of the downrigger using one of the included LockNLoad™ slip discs.
6. Lower your fishing lure or bait into the water and adjust depth as desired using the easy-to-operate spool control.
7. When finished fishing, unplug the downrigger from the power supply and stow fishing line and release sleeve in a safe place.
Thanks for choosing Scotty!
1. Begin by attaching the mounting bracket to the desired location on your boat using the supplied bolts and nuts. Make sure that the bracket is level and secure before proceeding.
2. Next, take the downrigger unit and place it onto the mounting bracket. It is important that the Scotty logo is facing up when doing this.
3. Use the included clans to fasten the downrigger unit to the bracket. Make sure that they are tight and secure.
4. Once the downrigger is mounted, you can now connect the power cord to the unit. Be sure to use the proper size and type of connector for your specific model.
5. That’s it! Your Scotty electric downrigger is now ready for use. Thanks for choosing Scotty!
Please login or Register to submit your answer