- 1 Our Selection 22 Best Polarized Sunglasses for Fishing
- 1.1 Sunglasses for Fishing on Amazon
- 1.1.1 1# MERRY’S Unisex Polarized Sunglasses
- 1.1.2 2# KastKing Skidaway Polarized Sport Sunglasses for Men and Women
- 1.1.3 3# INFI Fishing Polarized Sunglasses for Men
- 1.1.4 4# Huk Fishing Polarized Sunglasses – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.1.5 5# Fishoholic Polarized Fishing Sunglasses – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.1.6 6# Flying Fisherman Fowey Polarized Sunglasses
- 1.1.7 7# Flying Fisherman Maverick Polarized Sunglasses
- 1.1.8 8# KastKing Hiwassee Polarized Sport Sunglasses
- 1.1.9 9# HULISLEM Sport Polarized Sunglasses – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.1.10 10# RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses – #1 Best Seller
- 1.1.11 11# Polarized Sunglasses for Men Women
- 1.1.12 12# FAGUMA Sports Polarized Sunglasses
- 1.1.13 13# KUGUAOK Polarized Sports Sunglasses for Men
- 1.1.14 14# USA SUPREME Polarized Camouflage Sport Fishing Sunglasses
- 1.2 Sunglasses for Fishing by Bass Pro Shops
- 1.2.1 1# Costa Fantail 580G Glass Polarized Sunglasses
- 1.2.2 2# Oakley Fuel Cell Polarized Sunglasses
- 1.2.3 3# Maui Jim Peahi Polarized Sunglasses
- 1.2.4 4# Ray-Ban New Wayfarer Classic RB2132 Glass Sunglasses
- 1.2.5 5# Costa Corbina 580G Polarized Sunglasses
- 1.2.6 6# Native Eyewear Flatirons Polarized Sunglasses
- 1.2.7 7# Costa Fisch 580P Polarized Sunglasses
- 1.2.8 8# Oakley SI Straight Jacket Polarized Sunglasses
- 1.1 Sunglasses for Fishing on Amazon
- 2 What are Polarized Sunglasses?
In my opinion, good fishing sunglasses are essential for almost all fishing methods. When the sun is shining, the sparkling water surface of rivers and lakes blinds the angler. Thus, anglers can only see very limitedly below the surface of the water and track fish. You can counteract this with polarized sunglasses for fishing.
When light rays hit the surface of the water, they are reflected, polarized, and vibrated horizontally. The angler perceives these vibrations as a blinding effect. Polarized sunglasses have a built-in filter that blocks horizontal light vibrations. At the same time, the filter allows unpolarized light to pass directly into the eye. This allows anglers to peer beneath the surface of the water as they are no longer distracted by bright reflections.
Our Selection 22 Best Polarized Sunglasses for Fishing
I reviewed the best color sunglasses for fishing! Now you don’t need to waste your time looking for this fishing accessory! Let’s get started!
Sunglasses for Fishing on Amazon
1# MERRY’S Unisex Polarized Sunglasses
This is an affordable sunglasses option for all fishermen. Its super-comfortable, streamlined shape provides complete sun protection. The lenses, meanwhile, offer 100 percent UV protection in addition to the most effective polarizing efficiency. The latter helps reduce eye fatigue and maximizes visibility under the water’s surface. Sealed lens mirrors are fully scratch-resistant. Choose from eight different colors to match your fishing style.
2# KastKing Skidaway Polarized Sport Sunglasses for Men and Women
These Polarized sunglasses have a scratch-resistant coating. They are available in 6 colors to suit different fishing conditions. For example, blue mirrored lenses are best for use in reflective open oceans. While green mirrored lenses are fine for saltwater fishing. They have a durable Grilamid frame.
3# INFI Fishing Polarized Sunglasses for Men
If you don’t have more than $ 200 to spend on luxury fishing goggles, then INFI polarized sunglasses for men are a worthy alternative at a much more affordable price point. They are very popular and come in two colors. Composite polarized lenses offer 100% protection against UVA, UVB, and UVC rays. They are engineered to withstand shock with true fidelity. The plastic frame is lightweight and durable.
4# Huk Fishing Polarized Sunglasses – Amazon’s Choice
These sunglasses use cutting-edge technology to perfectly align the finest polarized filters on a laminated glass lens. They provide flawless clarity in all conditions. polarized lenses are scratch-resistant and provide high definition. The frame is durable and provides a comfortable fit.
5# Fishoholic Polarized Fishing Sunglasses – Amazon’s Choice
These polarized sunglasses will protect your eyes throughout your fishing day. They are made of high-quality materials that provide flexibility, wear-resistance, and greater durability, so they are less likely to break. They can filter all UVA and UVB rays, avoiding reflected light and protecting your eyes from glare. Plus, their design allows them to fit perfectly to the ears and nose so they won’t fall off easily.
6# Flying Fisherman Fowey Polarized Sunglasses
Incredibly stylish and reliable color sunglasses for fishing. They are specially designed for use at dawn and dusk when many species of fish are most active. Other benefits include 100% UV protection and a scratch-resistant coating that extends the life of your glasses.
7# Flying Fisherman Maverick Polarized Sunglasses
You don’t have to worry about anything other than casting hooks and catches thanks to this model of polarized glasses. They give you the protection you need so you have the perfect field of vision at crucial moments. These sunglasses are distinguished by their construction of durable materials and durable, thin, flexible frames that are very comfortable to wear. Plus, its lenses are shock and scratch-resistant so you can use them in a variety of conditions. They allow you to see the world with less brightness and reduce eye strain.
8# KastKing Hiwassee Polarized Sport Sunglasses
KastKing sunglasses provide maximum comfort with a three-point tapered fit. I love these sunglasses for their superior fit and the incredible lightness achieved by the exclusive Grilamid® frames. Apart from their functions, anglers appreciate the stylish design.
9# HULISLEM Sport Polarized Sunglasses – Amazon’s Choice
High-definition optical lenses provide 100 percent protection against UVA, UVB, UVC, and harmful blue light rays up to 400 nanometers. They also provide less visual distortion than conventional lenses, providing precision across the entire field of view. The gray polarized lenses are ideal for fishing in bright sunlight, providing neutral contrast and 16% light transmission. It also looks great against the polished black frame of the glasses.
10# RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses – #1 Best Seller
RIVBOS polarized sunglasses meet high safety standards. The fully polarized lenses also offer 100% UVA and UVB protection and have a scratch-resistant coating even in the most extreme fishing conditions. This accessory is available in a wide variety of lens colors so every angler will find the right one for him.
11# Polarized Sunglasses for Men Women
This model of sunglasses is the perfect choice for men, women, and teenagers. Lenses made with a scratch-resistant coating are very lightweight and durable. The glasses are equipped with a composite frame and have a lens width of 7 centimeters.
12# FAGUMA Sports Polarized Sunglasses
No matter which color you choose, these polarized glasses offer 100% UV protection. Choose from 11 different colors to suit different lighting and fishing conditions. The frame is made of durable plastic with rubber pads and molded temples. Thanks to their lightweight design, the glasses are virtually invisible to your face.
13# KUGUAOK Polarized Sports Sunglasses for Men
If you are looking for goggles that combine a beautiful classic design with the sun protection you need when fishing, then this model could be a winner. It also has excellent value for money. These polarized glasses have plastic lenses for optimal protection. They block harmful rays 100%. Its plastic frame is synonymous with strength, flexibility, and lightness. This provides a comfortable fit that will serve you even in daily use.
14# USA SUPREME Polarized Camouflage Sport Fishing Sunglasses
Stylish camouflage sunglasses will perfectly complement your look and protect your eyes from harmful sun rays. In addition, they improve your visibility and enhance contrast. They are equipped with a high-quality elastic frame. It provides a superior wearing experience.
Sunglasses for Fishing by Bass Pro Shops
1# Costa Fantail 580G Glass Polarized Sunglasses
These are expensive sunglasses for comfortable fishing. They are made from premium quality materials. Sunglasses with massive rectangular frames look stylish. They have LightWAVE polarized glass lenses that are scratch and shock-resistant. They provide high durability and comfort thanks to Co-molded technology. Glass lenses are water-repellent and anti-reflective. Glasses will improve the clarity and contrast of your view.
2# Oakley Fuel Cell Polarized Sunglasses
There is nothing better than going fishing without worrying about your sunglasses getting easily damaged. You can achieve it with polarized sunglasses with shatter-resistant lenses, as is the case with this Oakley® Fuel Cell ™. It has Dual-Peripheral Technology and a three-point tapered fit system. It has polarized lenses with a coating that shields you from light, completely blocking harmful rays and eliminating glare, so your vision will be much fuller.
3# Maui Jim Peahi Polarized Sunglasses
These polarized fishing goggles block 100% of harmful UV radiation and 99.9% of glare. They also provide perfect visibility in high light conditions as well as durability. They are made from SuperThin Glass. It is a high-quality material that is 20% thinner and lighter than ordinary glass. The shape of these glasses allows them to perfectly adapt to the contour of the face, so UV rays cannot pass through the outer sides of the eye.
4# Ray-Ban New Wayfarer Classic RB2132 Glass Sunglasses
The design of these glasses was created in 1937. They have glass lenses that are durable and high in clarity. They block most of the blue light and provide UV400 protection. The accessory is equipped with a lightweight cast nylon frame for a comfortable fit.
5# Costa Corbina 580G Polarized Sunglasses
To keep your glasses out of your field of vision and uncomfortable, it’s best to have an ultra-light frame that makes them invisible, as is the case with this polarized model. It blocks 100% of the sun’s radiation. They feature Hydrolite nose pads for superior comfort. The model is equipped with LightWAVE glass lenses, which are lighter and thinner than conventional glass lenses. They eliminate excessive glare from the environment and help prevent eye fatigue.
6# Native Eyewear Flatirons Polarized Sunglasses
This model is cheaper than the previous ones, but not inferior to them in quality. They improve the clarity of your fishing view. They are equipped with polarized lenses that block ultraviolet rays, infrared light, and filter blue. They also keep debris out of your eyes and reduce glare. The accessory features durable Rhyno-Tuff® Air frames and soft Cushinol™ nose pads and temples.
7# Costa Fisch 580P Polarized Sunglasses
These sunglasses for those who appreciate a more urban and youthful look. These Costa Fisch goggles are perfect for both fishing and everyday life. It is a polarized model that protects against UV rays, providing a unique balance between transparency and durability. They are ideal for early morning or late evening use thanks to their high contrast lenses that maximize light transmission.
8# Oakley SI Straight Jacket Polarized Sunglasses
These are stylish and high-quality goggles ideal for fishing. They provide a three-point fit for your comfort. The glasses are equipped with Plutonite polycarbonate lenses. They not only protect your eyes from UVA, UVB, and UVC rays, but also from blue light.
What are Polarized Sunglasses?
Polarized glasses differ from regular sunglasses in that the lenses have a chemical filter that removes glare. This allows the light to move in only one direction. Glasses of this type absorb horizontal light waves and only transmit vertical ones. Polarized glasses are responsible for absorbing light using a chemical film on the lenses, creating a filter that reduces light bursts. By blocking only polarized light, objects retain all their details and do not affect the field of view.
Why Should You Choose Polarized Fishing Sunglasses?
There are definitely things that an angler doesn’t need to buy. From my point of view, polarized sunglasses for fishing are an absolute must-have. Here are some reasons to buy polarized glasses:
- Fishing Safety. Of course, polarized sunglasses also work like regular sunglasses and protect our eyes from harmful UV radiation.
- You Can Catch More Fish. Especially for visual fishing, such as trout, grayling, or chub fishing, polar glasses give you an advantage that should not be underestimated. You can see more fish and thus better target the bait. With good visibility, you can fish better and for longer.
How to Choose Sunglasses for Fishing
When it comes to choosing good fishing sunglasses, it is not just a matter of choosing a beautiful model, but your protection and good visual clarity, and the ability to see deep in the water. You will need to find a pair that matches the type of fishing you are going to do and the environment in which you are going to fish. Here’s what to keep in mind when shopping for fishing sunglasses so that you can choose the best pair for you in the end.
Lens color – Best Color Sunglasses for Fishing
To provide optimal vision based on conditions, fishing sunglasses can be tinted to reduce glare, or polarization combined with dyes to reduce glare. Some also have mirrors so that the user can clearly see the outside environment. Mirrors reduce the effects of glare and UV rays, and mirrors are good for fishing in sunny conditions. So which colored lenses to choose for fishing? Consider the time, weather conditions, and light environment in which you are going to fish to choose the best-colored lens for fishing.
Here are the different colored lenses and their effects:
- Gray / Smoky Color. Gray reduces light transmission, thereby reducing brightness and glare, as well as improving color and depth perception with minimal color distortion. They protect the eyes from the sun, allowing you to see the depth of the water. They adapt to bright conditions such as sunny days and deep-sea fishing. They also work very well in lakes and rivers with a grayish or limestone base.
- Amber, Brown, Copper, and Orange Lens Colors. These lens colors allow light to pass through in low light conditions and brighten the environment. These lens colors allow you to see clearly in cloudy weather, foggy weather, dusk and dawn, and cloudy water. However, they offer very little protection against glare and harmful radiation in bright and sunny weather.
These are popular colors because they are versatile and work in most situations. Amber is best suited for all fishing conditions:
- Yellow. Sunglasses in this color are able to filter blue light, increasing the perception of depth and increasing contrast. They provide a good view when fishing in cloudy weather, for example, in dense fog. The yellow color allows you to see and distinguish objects in the water.
- Green. Tinted and mirror green lenses have an amber/copper base. They improve contrast and vision on sunny days and reduce color distortion. These are the best lens colors for freshwater fishing and aiming fishing in sunny weather.
- Blue. The blue and specular blue shades have a gray base that helps block out direct sunlight and extremely intense light reflections in open water. This makes them the best for saltwater fishing. For deep-sea fishing, polarization and mirrors are very important to reduce glare.
Lens material is an important factor as it determines the durability of your fishing sunglasses. Typical lens materials are acrylic, glass, polycarbonate, and polyurethane:
- Acrylic. Acrylic lenses are the most affordable option. But acrylic sunglasses don’t offer much clear visibility or UV protection. I have acrylic sunglasses. But I rarely use them. I have them in my fishing box as a backup.
- Glass. Glass lenses are made from real frosted glass. Glass lenses provide the best optical clarity. They are also durable and reliable. Glass lenses are heavier and more scratch-resistant than polycarbonate lenses, but they tend to break if dropped or bumped. They also have a very high price.
- Polycarbonate. Most fishing sunglasses have polycarbonate lenses. Polycarbonate is a synthetic material that makes precision lenses lighter than glass and more impact resistant. They are suitable for almost any fishing condition. However, they are vulnerable to scratches and often have a scratch-resistant coating to overcome this weakness.
- NXT polyurethane. NXT polyurethane is the lightest, has excellent optical characteristics, is stronger and more durable than polycarbonate, practically does not break or break like glass. It is the ideal material for sunglasses. The problem is that PU sunglasses are very rare and expensive.
UV protection is a must-have feature for fishing sunglasses. Actually, sunglasses were originally created to protect the eyes from the sun’s rays and their destructive effects. The sun emits harmful UVA, UVB, UVC rays which can damage the eyes over time. Excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays over many years can cause cataracts and damage the retina. To provide protection from UV rays, the lenses of fishing sunglasses are often treated with UV-resistant materials to protect the eyes from harmful UVA and UVB rays. The more sun protection the better. Most lenses are UV-A protected. Some offer UVB, UVC, and blue light protection, making them ideal sun protection. Look for sunglasses that block at least 99% of UVA and UVB rays. They also need to filter 75 to 90 percent of visible light.
The best polarized sunglasses for fishing are an essential accessory for any angler. The surface of the water reflects sunlight so that you can no longer see the fish. But once you put on your sunglasses, you have a full view again. I advise you to purchase models such as MERRY’S Unisex Polarized Sunglasses and Costa Fantail 580G Glass Polarized Sunglasses.
Tags: #best fishing sunglasses / #best sunglasses for fishing / #best polarized sunglasses for fishing / #best fly fishing sunglasses / #best polarized fishing sunglasses / #what are the best sunglasses for fishing
I live in Tenerife (Canary Islands) for the last 10+ years and share my daily fishing experiences on my website. Many years of personal experience as a fisherman and the vast experience of my friends allow me to write professionally on any fishing topics (from choosing a flashlight and equipment to deep-sea fishing).
All of my advice is based on practical real-world experience and will be useful to both novice anglers and professionals. Read more about the author.
Affiliate Disclosure: FishReeler.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Ebay, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shop, Shimano, Daiwa, Rapala, Renn, Okuma, KastKing, etс. Clicking a link helps keep FishReeler.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article is verified by the fishing expert Sergio Smirnoff. The articles are written by professional and amateur fishermen with 20+ years of fishing experience.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency. The articles are for informational purposes only, share your opinions in the comments and join the fishing discussions, let's share our fishing experiences together!