To make the weights, simply melt the lead in the pot and then pour it into the mold. Once it has cooled and solidified, your weight is ready to use! Depending on the size and shape of weight you’re looking for, you may need to adjust the amount of lead you use. And that’s all there is to it! Making your own deep drop weights is a quick and easy way to save money on fishing supplies.
To use the mold, simply place it on a flat surface and fill it with the desired amount of lead weight material. Lead weight material can be purchased at most tackle shops or online. Once the mold is full, tap it gently to remove any air pockets. Then, use a drill bit or other sharp object to create a small hole in the lead weight material. This hole will be used to attach your line later on.
Once the lead weight material has cooled and hardened, your weight is ready to use! Depending on the size and shape of weight you’re looking for, you may need to adjust the amount of lead you use. And that’s all there is to it! Making your own deep drop weights is a quick and easy way to save money on fishing supplies.
Another option is to use concrete, which can be poured into a mold and then left to set. Whatever method you choose, just be sure that your weights are of good quality and won’t break or come loose during use. Thanks for the question!
You can also make deep drop weights by filling a condom with water or sand and tying a knot at the end. Be sure to use condoms made for water activities, as regular condoms are not designed to hold up against water pressure.
To make the deep drop weight, you will need:
– PVC pipe (sized according to your preference)
– Lead fishing weights
– Epoxy or strong adhesive
– Drill with hole saw attachment
– Ruler or measuring tape
– Sandpaper (optional)
1. Measure and mark the PVC pipe at the desired length. For example, if you want a 10″ deep drop weight, mark the pipe at 10″. Be sure to add an extra inch for the lead fishing weights.
2. Cut the PVC pipe at the marked length using scissors or a saw. If necessary, sand down any sharp edges.
3. Use a drill with a hole saw attachment to make a hole in the center of one end of the PVC pipe. The hole should be big enough to fit the lead fishing weights snugly.
4. Insert the lead fishing weights into the hole, and then fill the rest of the hole with epoxy or another strong adhesive. Allow the adhesive to dry completely.
5. Your deep drop weight is now ready to use!
Thanks for the question.
– One pound of lead pellets
– One package of fishing line or Monofilament
– One, three-inch long dowel rod or wood stake
– One foot long, half-inch PVC pipe
– Wire cutters
– A hacksaw or other saw capable of cutting PVC pipe
The first step is to take the lead pellets and place them into the PVC pipe. If you are using a three-inch long dowel rod or wood stake, simply place it in the center of the pellets to help keep them from shifting. If you are not using a dowel rod, be sure to pack the pellets tightly so they will not move around.
Next, use the wire cutters to cut a length of the fishing line or monofilament. The length will depend on how deep you want your weight to be, but a good rule of thumb is to make the line twice as long as the PVC pipe.
Thread the fishing line or monofilament through the PVC pipe, being careful not to let the pellets shift. Tie a knot at one end of the line, and then trim any excess.
Your deep drop weight is now ready to use!
Please login or Register to submit your answer