Shimano warrants Shimano fishing reels and rods to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal conditions and reasonable use:
Two years on all reels and rods.
The warranty is valid from the date of purchase for the original purchaser on all fishing reels and rods purchased in EMEA.
Exceptions to Warranty
This warranty does not apply to:
- Shimano product that has been damaged as a result of natural wear and tear, misuse and negligent maintenance. Worn or noisy ball bearings or gears and worn or stuck friction plates are classified as normal wear and tear;
- Corrosion damage due to salt water intrusion;
- carelessness or damage caused by unauthorized alterations, abuse or improper (disassembly) assembly by an unauthorized technician;
- damage caused during shipment of the Shimano Product;
- damage resulting from the use of defective or incompatible Shimano Products;
- if the Shimano Product has been used for rental or commercial purposes;
- if the Shimano trademark or serial number has been erased or removed from the Products;
- damage caused by causes other than defects in materials and workmanship, including but not limited to accident, abuse, misuse, neglect, improper assembly, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification or other abnormal, excessive or improper use.
This warranty expressly provides for the repair or replacement of the defective reel or rod and is the sole remedy under the warranty. Any and all other remedies and damages that might otherwise be applicable are excluded, including but not limited to incidental and consequential damages.
To make a valid claim under this warranty, return:
- Your reel or rod, along with the original dated invoice or receipt, to an authorized Shimano dealer, preferably the dealer from whom it was purchased (any shipping charges will be at your expense). Please include a description of the problem you encountered with the reel or rod.
- If, upon inspection of the reel or rod, Shimano admits that the item is defective; Shimano will repair or replace the item at no charge.
First, customers with a warranty issue must contact the retailer where they purchased the reel. The retailer will then start a Shimano product claim by completing an online form that provides Shimano with all of the relevant purchase and product information. In some cases, photos or videos may be requested to support the claim. Once a claim is submitted, Shimano’s Warranty Group reviews each case individually to determine if the issue is covered under warranty and whether we can offer a repair or replacement.
Repair: If it is determined that repairs can be made to bring the reel back to working condition, Shimano will provide instructions to the retailer on how to proceed.
Replacement: If it is determined that the reel needs to be replaced, Shimano will provide the retailer with a Return Authorization (RA) number and shipping instructions. The customer must then return the reel to the retailer, who will send it to Shimano. Once Shimano receives the reel, they will inspect it and ship a replacement reel to the customer.
If you have a problem with one of our products, please contact us. We will work with you to resolve the issue as quickly and effectively as possible. In many cases, we will be able to repair or replace the affected item under warranty.
Our focus is on taking care of our customers, so you can get back to enjoying your time on the water. Thanks for choosing Shimano!
This way, you can be sure that your reel will last for many fishing trips to come. Shimano also offers great customer service, so if you have any questions or concerns, they will be more than happy to help you out. Thanks for asking!
“Shimano warrants to the original purchaser that this product shall be free from Non-Conformities in material and workmanship for a period described below. This Warranty does not cover damages caused by normal wear and tear, works performed by persons not authorized by Shimano, accidents, or negligence. If a Non-Conformity exists, Shimano will repair or replace the product at its discretion.”
The above steps outline how Shimano take care of their warranty for fishing reels. In summary, if there is a non-conformity with the material or workmanship of the reel, Shimano will repair or replace the product. If you have any questions about the warranty process, feel free to contact Shimano customer service for assistance. Thanks for fishing with us!
Please login or Register to submit your answer