When it comes to finding the best hiking fishing rod, you want to make sure that you are choosing a quality product that will help you make the most of your fishing experience. In this blog post, we will review some of the top-rated hiking fishing rods on the market and help you figure out which one is right for you. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced fisherman, there is sure to be a hiking fishing rod on our list that fits your needs. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
- 1 Best Hiking Fishing Rods
- 1.1 1# Goture Travel Fishing Rod with Case
- 1.2 2# Fiblink 4 Pieces Travel Spinning Rod
- 1.3 3# Okuma VS-605-20 Voyager Spinning Travel Kit
- 1.4 4# EOW Travel Casting/Spinning Fishing Rod
- 1.5 5# KastKing Compass Telescopic Fishing Rod
- 1.6 6# KastKing Brutus Spinning Fishing Rod
- 1.7 7# Sougayilang Telescopic Fishing Rod Portable
- 1.8 8# PLUSINNO Fishing Rod and Reel Combos Telescopic Fishing Rod
- 1.9 9# Daiwa Megaforce Travel Spinning Rod
- 1.10 10# Bass Pro Shops Aventur1 Telescopic Casting Travel Rod
- 1.11 11# Profishiency Telescoping Micro Spinning Combo
- 1.12 12# Bass Pro Shops Power Plus Graphite Telescopic Spinning Rod
- 2 FAQ
- 3 Conclusion
Best Hiking Fishing Rods
1# Goture Travel Fishing Rod with Case
Looking for a great fishing rod to take on your next trip? Look no further than GOTURE Xceed Travel Fishing Rods! These rods are built with precision and quality in mind, and feature four-piece carbon fiber blanks, stainless steel guides, high-quality ABS reel seats, and EVA split grips. Plus, the hard carry case ensures your rod stays in good condition while you’re on the go. So don’t miss out – order your GOTURE Xceed Travel Fishing Rod today!
- Carbon fiber blanks for strength and sensitivity
- Stainless steel guides
- High-quality ABS reel seats
- EVA split grips
- Hard carry case included
- Lack of color options
- Ferrules could be smoother
Ready to hit the open water? Make sure you’re packing Fiblink’s 4-Piece Travel Spinning Rod! This lightweight and portable rod is perfect for backpacking trips, and its fast tip allows you to work any bait well when you hook up on a fish. The durable, strong, and lightweight guides with stainless steel frames and ceramic inserts make for a smooth casting experience, while the graphite construction ensures that you’ll feel every nibble. So pack up your Fiblink 4-Piece Travel Spinning Rod and get ready to reel in some big ones!
- Light-weight with tremendous overall strength
- The fast tip allows you to work any bait well when you hook up on a fish
- Durable, strong, and lightweight guides with stainless steel frames and ceramic inserts
- Enhanced sensitivity of graphite; Powerful, versatile, and flexible
- Fiblink 4 Pieces Travel Spinning Rod is not good for heavy-duty fishing
3# Okuma VS-605-20 Voyager Spinning Travel Kit
The Okuma VS-605-20 Voyager spinning travel kit is the perfect choice for anglers who want a light-action combo that can tackle trout, panfish, bass, catfish, and walleye. This compact kit includes a 6-foot fishing rod, 20-size spinning reel, small tackle box, and padded travel and storage case. Whether you’re keeping it under your vehicle seat or in your backpack, the Voyager combo is always protected and organized.
- Compact and lightweight
- Perfect for beginners
- All components are protected and organized
- Tacklebox includes a variety of fishing lures
- It can be easy to lose small parts
4# EOW Travel Casting/Spinning Fishing Rod
This EOW Travel Casting/Spinning Fishing Rod is perfect for those who love fishing but don’t want to lug around a heavy rod. It’s made with meticulous attention to detail and features high-quality ceramic guides that make casting and reeling in your catch a breeze. Plus, the free case ensures your rod stays safe and protected while you’re on the go.
Introducing EOW’s Travel Fishing Rod – perfect for fishing enthusiasts who love to travel! This high-quality, four-piece rod is made of durable materials and features reinforced reel seats and ferrule gap construction. It’s also lightweight and easy to transport, making it the perfect choice for anglers on the go.
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Superior sensitivity for detecting bites
- Smooth actions for casting and retrieving
- May not be as durable as heavier rods
- Guides may not be as effective in stopping line sticking
5# KastKing Compass Telescopic Fishing Rod
Looking for an easy-to-pack, easy-to-store telescopic fishing rod? Look no further than KastKing Compass Telescopic Fishing Rod. These expertly crafted rods are perfect for active anglers who want the best value in telescopic fishing rods today. Made with a graphite composite blank, each rod is light, sensitive, and durable – perfect for any fishing outing. So don’t wait – get your hands on a KastKing Compass Telescopic Fishing Rod and Combo today!
KastKing is proud to introduce the Compass telescopic rods. These amazing rods are designed with a split rear handle that helps reduce weight and allows for perfect balance. The KastKing Compass Telescopic travel combo is perfect for your next fishing trip. You’ll appreciate the high-quality construction of these rods, including graphite spinning and casting reel seats and stainless steel guides frames with Titanium Oxide ceramic rings. They’re perfect for mono, fluorocarbon, or braided lines. Go ahead and take your next fishing adventure with KastKing’s Compass telescopic rods!
KastKing Compass Telescopic Fishing Rods are a great value for the price. They are well-made, and the construction is very sturdy. The cork handles are comfortable to hold, and the guides are smooth, which makes them easy to cast. The reel seat is also well-made and feels very solid. Overall, I was very impressed with this combo.
- Graphite composite blank is light and sensitive
- Split rear handle design reduces weight and allows for perfect balance
- Guides frames are stainless steel with Titanium Oxide ceramic rings
- Perfect for mono, fluorocarbon, or braided fishing lines
- Cork handles are not as comfortable as other materials
- Guides could be smoother
6# KastKing Brutus Spinning Fishing Rod
Looking for a fishing rod that can take a beating? Look no further than KastKing’s Brutus spinning rods. These heavy-duty rods are made with a composite graphite/glass blank that is incredibly durable and able to withstand even the toughest fishing conditions. Plus, each Brutus rod comes with chartreuse “Strike Tip” technology for early strike detection in low light settings. With over 20 different models to choose from, there’s sure to be a Brutus rod perfect for your next fishing adventure!
This tough composite blank rod is available in both spinning and casting models, and in power ratings from ultra-light to heavy. Whether you’re freshwater bass fishing, trout fishing, salmon fishing, or saltwater fishing, there’s a Brutus model perfect for you. And if you need a travel-friendly option, check out the 3 & 4-pc Brutus rods!
These rods are built to deliver reliable performance, with braid-ready stainless-steel running guide frames and corrosion-resistant stainless steel rings. Plus, the tip-top guide is a Zirconium Oxide ring that is perfect for fluorocarbon, monofilament, or braided fishing lines. So don’t settle for an old-school ugly fishing pole – get a Brutus rod and experience the quality and technology that KastKing is known for!
- KastKing Brutus Spinning Rods are loaded with features and technology
- The tip-top guide is a Zirconium Oxide ring that is perfect for all fishing lines
- Brute Tuff composite graphite/glass blanks make these rods incredibly durable
7# Sougayilang Telescopic Fishing Rod Portable
The Sougayilang Fishing Rod Telescopic Fishing Rod Portable is perfect for anglers on the go. This telescoping rod collapses down to a very portable size, and its 24-ton carbon fiber and E-Glass construction can handle up to 10 pounds of weight. The guides are made of stainless steel for tangle-free casting, and the CNC machined aluminum reel seat ensures a stable fishing experience.
Sougayilang telescopic fishing rods are perfect for saltwater or freshwater fishing and can cover many species. With corrosion-resistant and power control features, these rods are great for those who love spending time outdoors fishing. The comfortable EVA handle reduces fatigue, making it easier to spend a day out on the water catching your limit.
- Ultralight and well balanced, less fatigue
- Stainless steel guides with ceramic inserts
- Power control
- Not durable and can break
8# PLUSINNO Fishing Rod and Reel Combos Telescopic Fishing Rod
This PLUSINNO telescopic fishing rod is perfect for anglers of all levels. Our high-density carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass construction makes it durable and hard-hitting, while the stainless steel hooded reel seat prevents corrosion from salt water. The s-curve oscillation system ensures a smooth winding experience, and the bail spring is made of hick-coiled metal for extra strength. With its large spool and line capacity, this fishing pole is ready to tackle any fishing adventure!
- The s-curve oscillation system ensures a very good line winding
- More short body with large spool and large line capacity
- Deep aluminum spool with double color and one line hole
- Right/left inter-changeable handle
- High tensile strength plastic body
- EVA Fore Grip for comfort
- Hickle coiled bail spring for extra strength
- S-curve oscillation system that ensures a smooth winding experience
- Not found
9# Daiwa Megaforce Travel Spinning Rod
Looking for a quality travel rod that’s also affordable? Look no further than PLUSINNO Telescopic Fishing Rod! These multi-part rods are made of carbon fiber and can be easily stowed away when not in use. They’re perfect for light fishing trips and come in different lengths and casting weights to suit your needs. So grab a PLUSINNO Telescopic Fishing Rod and get ready to experience some great fishing!
- Multi-part and high-quality
- Very attractive price range
- Light and thin carbon fiber rods
- Even bending curve
- Comfortable and well balanced in the hand
- Suitable for lighter fishing to heavier pike and zander fishing
- Can’t be used for heavy fishing
- Not as durable as other professional rods
10# Bass Pro Shops Aventur1 Telescopic Casting Travel Rod
The Bass Pro Aventur1 Telescopic Casting Travel Rod is perfect for business trips, hunting safaris, or backpacking adventures. This durable and lightweight rod is built on a quality RT2 graphite blank and features EVA split grips with X-Wrap and a rubber cork butt cap. Fuji® aluminum oxide guides provide smooth, trouble-free casting. When retracted, it has an overall retracted length of 24-1/2″. Includes a protective cover to keep the guides safe during transport.
- EVA split grips
- Built on RT2 graphite blank
- May not be durable for long-term use
- Telescoping sections may loosen over time
11# Profishiency Telescoping Micro Spinning Combo
The Proficiency Telescoping Micro Spinning Combo with Pocket Tackle Box is the perfect setup for your fishing adventures off the beaten path! The 5’L telescoping fishing rod slides down to just 18″, ideal for storage or transport, while a soft EVA handle fights fatigue when you get on the fish! The smooth 2+1 ball-bearing micro spinning reel boasts a 5.2:1 gear ratio and comes pre-spooled with line, so you can hit the water running! Plus, it includes a loaded tackle box complete with mini pliers, lures, and other essential tackle. Get ready to catch some bass with this bad boy!
- Perfect for trout fishing in streams, ponds, or rivers
- Skeletonized design is not bulky when collapsed, but it’s full length when extended
- Ultra-strong and durable steel frame construction – won’t break like fiberglass poles
- Ergonomic design
- Retracts to 18″ for storage and transport
- Comes with a fully loaded tackle box that includes mini pliers, lures, and other essential tackle
- Doesn’t come with a carrying case
12# Bass Pro Shops Power Plus Graphite Telescopic Spinning Rod
Looking for a sensitive and accurate telescopic spinning rod that is also lightweight for ease of use? Look no further than the Bass Pro Graphite Telescopic. This top-of-the-line product is equipped with comfy EVA foam grips and smooth aluminum oxide guides, making it perfect for the professional angler.
The Bass Pro Shops Power Plus Graphite Telescopic Spinning Rod is perfect for those light-angling endeavors. But don’t let the light tackle fool you, this rod is more than capable of handling bass and walleye. The construction process combines graphite with fiberglass, yielding a blank that is both flexible and strong. And at a lightweight design, it’s easy to use all day long.
- Lightweight design for easy all-day use
- Ideal for light angling, especially for crappie and panfish, but ready to go toe-to-toe with those big bass and walleye, too!
- Probably priced too low, because these rods not only look great, they fish better than many rods costing twice as much 🙂
- Telescopes down to under 2′ for easy transport.
- None found
How to use a telescopic fishing rod?
Telescopic fishing rods are a great option for anglers on the go. These rods are designed to collapse down to a very portable size, making them easy to take with you wherever you go. To use a telescopic fishing rod, first, extend the sections of the rod by pulling them apart. Next, slide the reel onto the rod and attach the line. Finally, hold the rod upright and extend the handle until it clicks into place.
What is a hiking fishing rod?
A hiking fishing rod is a type of fishing rod that is designed to be portable and easy to take with you on hikes and other outdoor adventures. Hiking fishing rods are typically telescoping rods that collapse down to a very small size, making them easy to transport and store. Hiking fishing rods are also typically made with a durable construction that can handle up to 10 pounds of weight. This makes them a great option for freshwater or saltwater fishing.
Which hiking fishing rod is best?
There are many great options when it comes to hiking fishing rods, and it can be difficult to decide which one is best for you. Some of the best options include the KastKing Brutus Spinning Rods, the Sougayilang Fishing Rod Telescopic Fishing Rod Portable, and the Eagle Claw Featherlight Hiking/Fly Fishing Combo. All of these rods are well-constructed and durable, and they come with a variety of features that make them perfect for anglers on the go.
Is the telescoping fishing rod good?
There are many great options when it comes to telescoping fishing rods, and they are a great choice for anglers on the go. Telescoping fishing rods are designed to collapse down to a very small size, making them easy to transport and store. They are also typically made with a durable construction that can handle up to 10 pounds of weight. This makes them a great option for freshwater or saltwater fishing.
Why are telescopic rods bad?
Telescopic rods are bad because they can be easily damaged, especially when they are extended. They also don’t offer the best performance because they are not as sturdy as other types of rods.
Hiking Fishing Rods are a great option for anglers who want a portable and durable rod that can handle up to 10 pounds of weight. Hiking fishing rods come in many different styles, and each one has its own set of pros and cons. Whether you’re looking for an ultralight rod that is easy to use or a corrosion-resistant rod that can handle saltwater fishing, there is sure to be a hiking fishing rod that meets your needs. Hiking fishing rods are a great option for everyone from avid anglers who spend all day out on the water to casual fishermen who only want to spend an afternoon relaxing by the lake.
Tags: plusinno telescopic, shimano telescopic, kastking blackhawk ii telescopic, sougayilang telescopic, saltwater, shakespeare telescopic, magreel telescopic, ultralight, goture telescopic, daiwa telescopic, surf, fly, carbon fiber, mini, high altitude, zebco
I live in Tenerife (Canary Islands) for the last 10+ years and share my daily fishing experiences on my website. Many years of personal experience as a fisherman and the vast experience of my friends allow me to write professionally on any fishing topics (from choosing a flashlight and equipment to deep-sea fishing).
All of my advice is based on practical real-world experience and will be useful to both novice anglers and professionals. Read more about the author.
Affiliate Disclosure: FishReeler.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Ebay, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shop, Shimano, Daiwa, Rapala, Renn, Okuma, KastKing, etс. Clicking a link helps keep FishReeler.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article is verified by the fishing expert Sergio Smirnoff. The articles are written by professional and amateur fishermen with 20+ years of fishing experience.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency. The articles are for informational purposes only, share your opinions in the comments and join the fishing discussions, let's share our fishing experiences together!